TapcoSlate Classic Features & Benefits
Home • Products • TapcoSlate Classic • TapcoSlate Classic Features & Benefits
- Made from resin bonded, crushed virgin Dolomite limestone, TapcoSlate Classic has the random texture and edges of natural slate.
- TapcoSlate Classic is lightweight, (from only 12 kgs/sq. metre), easy to handle and can be fixed by either hammer and nail or nail gun.
- Strong, cost effective, recyclable and attractive.
- No breakage, wastage, drilling or sorting required.
- Available in a range of attractive colours and blends.
- A production-induced camber ensures a tight fit at the tail of the slate when fixed.
- TapcoSlate Classic have excellent weathering characteristics; they will not curl, lift or delaminate, and are impermeable to water.
- When tested to BS476 part 3, an AA fire rating is achieved for installation on boarded roofs.
- BBA Certified.
- TapcoSlate Classics are backed by a 40-year Warranty.
TapcoSlate Classic Key Benefits:
- Looks extremely authentic.
- Choice of colours.
- Traditional colours (5 in total) are stocked and available within 4-5 days. (Alternative and Mix colours are subject to a 5-6 week delivery time – but this isn’t long when planning roofing/building work – and a minimum order quantity.)
- Minimal Wastage. Breakage is negligible when handling/cutting/fixing. Natural slate may incur 5-15% breakage/shrinkage factor depending on the quality.
- Lightweight… from only 12 kgs/sq. metre (half the weight of natural slate). Very useful for re-roofing applications where timbers may be suspect, or when designing the loading specification for a new roof.
- Slates are marked with nailing and exposure guidelines and horizontal spacers, which helps to maintain integrity when fixing.
- Dimensionally accurate… no need to sort for thickness before loading the roof. Natural slate can vary in thickness, causing gapping, and subsequent breakage if walked on.
- Packs of 25 mean easier handling and quicker roof loading.
- Product doesn’t crack or split, particularly when cutting for hips, valleys, etc.
- Quicker to lay than natural slate. Much loved by roofers, once they have used the product, for many of the above reasons.